Tuesday 25 November 2014

And so it begins...

I have just pressed the "Complete my order" button on modmypi.com.  A Raspberry Pi with all the bells and whistles should be on its way to me in the next couple of days.  So, what am I going to do with it?

Well, I'm going to attempt to turn it into a fully featured datalogger and video capture device for my Triumph Daytona 675:


It's going to be based on a rPi model B+, with GPS, camera module, accelerometer, wifi control of one (or more) GoPro cameras.  The OS will be Linux (of course), probably Raspbian, but I'm also going to give openSUSE a whirl to see how they compare.   For the datalogger software, Python looks to be the weapon of choice as there are many existing libraries for this kind of hardware on the rPi, but I'm definitely going to have to write come code to glue it all together.  Anything I create will be open source of course!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home