Monday 16 February 2015

Hardware assembly v1.0

Until now, I've been testing the components individually, and all has gone really quite well.  So, the next logical step is to put all of the hardware together in a form that is portable enough to take it out for a blast to see how the GPS/accelerometer work under real conditions (well in the warmth and safety of the car to start with).  So, I present to you, hardware build v1.0.  
























I haven't even powered it up yet, and there's a lot of config to do on this RPi as it's pretty much factory defaults!

The components shown above are:
  • RPi B+ in a PiBow coupe case
  • Camera in an ABS plastic housing
  • Wifi dongle (remote admin/GoPro control)
  • Bluetooth dongle (OBD dongle)
  • Adafruit Ultimate GPS (direct to Pi UART, PPS connected)
  • DS3231 RTC (to help with disconnected startup) hidden behind the big bunch of wires!
  • 10DOF board (lean angle, accelleration, temperature)
As soon I get my hands on one of these I can get on with the final hardware assembly.  That's assuming that I don't start adding more components like this with one or more of these attached for brake position sensor, or these for tyre temperature monitoring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home